Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 114 mal aufgerufen
 UFO s
Cl11234566 Offline

23.11.2019 03:33
top spot but was too Antworten

LAS VEGAS -- The time for scouting is over. Brad Jacobs is using the Continental Cup to make sure his team is ready for the tournament that really matters. Jacobs, who will represent Canada at the Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia next month, said hes just trying to prepare his team for curlings biggest stage. Watching what other teams are up to isnt on the Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., natives agenda. "Weve played them before," said Jacobs on Sunday. "We focus on our game. Everyones throwing the rock well right now, thats the main thing for our team. I really like what I see as skip from the other end. "Its really nice to be here playing on this great ice surface in really serious competition that everyones trying their hearts out at." Jacobs skipped Team North America to a second straight Continental Cup championship with a 36-24 win over Thomas Ulsruds Team World. Team North America won the winners cheque of $52,000 and a bonus of $13,000 for collecting the most points in the skins game Sunday, while the World team took home $26,000. The victory was clinched in the sixth end when Ulsrud missed his final shot, giving Team North America a 4-1 win, and the half-point it needed to push it to the 30-point threshold in the overall standings. Jacobs was joined at the Continental Cup on the womens side by Winnipegs Jennifer Jones, who will also go to Sochi for Canada. "I really dont know what to expect in Sochi," said Jacobs. "For this event the crowds and everything, phenomenal. Obviously the arena, I dont think is as big as this one over at the Olympics. Theres a lot of Canadians here, its really made this event a huge success so far." Jacobs may not have been focusing on the competition but at least one of his opponents made sure to watch what Canada was doing. Ulsrud, of Norway, captured silver at the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver. He said it was beneficial to play the Olympic contenders. "The Canadian team are obviously a really good team, but were going to have to make them work for it Sochi when they meet Norway," said Ulsrud. "We couldnt have asked for more or for it (the week) to go any better," said Jones. "We just feel real good with the ice and how were playing heading into Sochi." But with the different format at the Continental Cup, Jones added she didnt get many new tips about her Olympic opponents. "We know these teams really well. You know what to expect and you know youre going to have to play great to beat them," said Jones. "Weve been training really well and feel like everythings going according to plan which is exactly what you want it to be heading into the Olympics." Scotlands David Murdoch called it "quite unique" to see Olympic teams so close to the Games. "You want to make sure youre throwing it nice and try to take some good form into the Olympics," said Murdoch. Eve Muirhead, who won gold for Scotland at last years womens world championship and will skip for Great Britain in Sochi, credited ice technician Hans Wuthrich for simulating the conditions at Sochi. "Youve got Hans making the ice, the same icemaker who is going to be at the Olympics," she said. "This was fantastic prep for the Games." Muirheads Team World lost 3-2 on Sunday to Team North America, skipped by Erika Brown of Oakville, Ont./Madison, Wisc. Brown will represent the United States in Sochi. The Continental Cup features six teams from North America facing off against six World teams in various curling matches including traditional games, mixed doubles, singles and skins play. In the mixed skins game, Team North Americas Jeff Stoughton, Emma Miskew, Mark Nichols and Lisa Weagle rolled to a 4-1 win over Team Worlds David Murdoch, Satsuki Fujisawa, Scott Andrews and Miyo Ichikawa. Garrett Stubbs Jersey . On Wednesday, Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas hit back. In a passionate defence of himself and the London clubs medical staff, the Portuguese coach rebuked the "incompetent people" who have attacked Tottenham for allowing Lloris to continue playing after being briefly knocked unconscious against Everton on Sunday. Roberto Osuna Astros Jersey .Best moustache: How can we not give this to Lanny McDonald? Check out the duster for yourself. https://www.cheapastros.com/2543o-lance-...astros.html.com) - Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer were among the third-round winners Friday at the French Open. Stitched Astros Jerseys . Others describe it as taking the parrot for a walk. Josh Reddick Astros Jersey ." Those traits were clear to the 24,071 at Olympic Stadium on Saturday as the Impact dominated the scoring chances but settled for a 2-2 draw with the New York Red Bulls in a battle of still-winless Major League Soccer teams.WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. -- Jeff Gordon shouted "Oh, yeah boys! Yoo Hoo!" over his radio, then punched his right arm skyward when he emerged from his No. 24 Chevrolet as his resurgent season continues. Gordon turned a fast lap of 129.466 mph on Saturday to win the pole for the Cheez-It 355 at The Glen, edging road racing ace Marcos Ambrose and Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jimmie Johnson in the second and final round of knockout qualifying. It was Gordons first pole of the season, third at Watkins Glen, and 75th of his stellar career. Just like old times at Watkins Glen International, where Gordon has won four times. And on his son Leos birthday no less. "This year has been phenomenal," said Gordon, whose last pole at the storied road course was 11 years ago. "I wished him a happy birthday this morning and said, All right, Im going to try to get you that pole. "I wasnt real confident in that statement, and now I really cant wait to talk to him." Kevin Harvick and Kurt Busch rounded out the top five. AJ Allmendinger was sixth, followed by Dale Earnhardt Jr., Matt Kenseth, Brad Keselowski and Ryan Newman. Defending race winner Kyle Busch will start 19th. Just missing the final round of qualifying was five-time Watkins Glen winner Tony Stewart, who will start 13th. Danica Patrick, who crashed in final practice on Friday and will start at the rear of the field, used the session for practice and ran 11 laps. With five races left until the Chhase for the Sprint Cup championship begins, the drivers on the cusp of making the 16-driver field didnt fare well.dddddddddddd Greg Biffle will start 28th, two spots in front of Kasey Kahne. Rookies Kyle Larson and Austin Dillon were 23rd and 31st. Ambrose, who has won two of the past three Cup races at Watkins Glen, set a track record of 129.491 mph in the first round of qualifying and had the fastest lap of the second round until Gordon went out at just the right time with no other drivers to contend with. Ambrose sped out in the closing seconds in an attempt to make one final run at the top spot but was too late and had to settle for second. "I wish Jeff was a little kinder to me to let me get the pole," said Ambrose, who needs a victory to make the Chase and is at the track where hes the odds-on favourite. "It was a pretty good lap, though, and I will take it. You have to be happy with front-row starts." Indeed. The last four winners at Watkins Glen came from the top 5 in qualifying. Keselowski, who won the pole for the Nationwide race at The Glen earlier Saturday and has finished second in the Cup race here the last three years, had traffic on one run and had to do a second trip around the 2.45-mile layout. "It kept all stacking up," Keselowski said. "I feel like we are really fast in race trim, we have a lot of speed. We just need it to not fall off so much. It we can do that, we will have a shot to win." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz