Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 102 mal aufgerufen
 Willkommen Vorstellungsforum
Cl11234566 Offline

26.11.2019 07:40
only pitchers to strike Antworten

DENVER -- Franklin Morales and Jackson Williams worked together like old friends, but the new battery put a charge into the Colorado Rockies. Morales pitched six solid innings for his first win in two months, Williams hit his first major league home run and the Rockies beat the San Diego Padres 6-0 on Sunday. Nolan Arenado also went deep for the Rockies, who swept a three-game series for the first time since June 13-15 in San Francisco. Colorado has won four straight, its longest streak since winning five in a row against Atlanta and the Giants in June. It was the Rockies first three-game sweep at home this season. "This has been a great homestand for us," Williams said. "Two shutouts and a big walk-off win last night." Morales (6-7) scattered four hits and walked two. He had been 0-3 with five no-decisions since beating San Diego on July 8. The left-hander struck out four of his first seven batters and fanned six overall. It was the first time this season he started and didnt allow a run, and it came with Williams catching him for the first time. "My concentration was good and Williams called a good game," Morales said. "We stayed on the same page the whole game and we mixed it up." San Diego right-hander Tyson Ross entered with 14 consecutive quality starts and came within one out of making it 15. But he allowed a two-out walk to Williams and a pinch-hit single to Matt McBride, ending his day. Alex Torres got the last out of the sixth to keep it a three-run game. "Stats at the end of the day dont matter to me," Ross said. "Its just all about doing my job on the days I get to go out there and pitch, and giving us a shot." Ross (13-13) allowed three runs on seven hits and struck out seven in 5 2-3 innings. His one bad inning was the second, when Colorado got all the runs it needed. Singles by Corey Dickerson and DJ LeMahieu put runners on first and second before Williams drove a 2-1 pitch into the left-centre seats. "It felt great. I didnt even feel it come off the bat," Williams said. "I knew I barrelled it, so I knew it had a shot. After I saw it go over I started floating around the bases." He was more proud of catching a combined shutout with four different pitchers than going deep. "If I had to give back my three-run homer for catching a shutout, Id do it every day of the week," Williams said. "I take more pride in what I do behind the plate than what I do at the plate." Arenado made it 5-0 with a two-run shot off reliever Robbie Erlin in the seventh. It was Arenados 17th of the season. TOUGH POSITION Rockies infielder Ben Paulsen got the start in right field for the second time on this homestand. He left in the bottom of the sixth after being hit by a pitch, but his departure had more to do with the game situation than an injury. "I was fine," he said. "I knew they were going to bring in (Drew) Stubbs anyway because of the score." Paulsen had only two balls hit his way in six innings -- a flyout in the first and a single in the fifth -- and he handled both chances cleanly. "Benny, I was impressed with him the last time I put him out there. It was a tough day," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "I probably picked the toughest day of the year to throw him in right field. Like I tell the guys when I play them out of position: If you mess up its my fault. Youve got nothing to lose." HOME AWAY FROM HOME Padres 2B Jedd Gyorkos average is hovering near the Mendoza Line, but it might be much higher if he played at Coors Field half the season. Gyorko went 2 for 3 to climb to .201 for the season. In 16 career games in Denver he is hitting .333 with three home runs. TRAINERS ROOM Padres: LF Abraham Almonte was sore after falling Saturday and twisting his left ankle, but was possibly available to pinch hit. Almonte was shaken up when he slipped and fell hard as he charged Josh Rutledges sinking liner that dropped for a double in the third inning. Tended to by team trainers for several minutes, Almonte got to his feet and remained in the game until the sixth. Rockies: C Wilin Rosario (left wrist inflammation) was activated from the 15-day disabled list but did not start. He had a pinch-hit double in the eighth and scored Colorados sixth run. Michael Cuddyer (left hamstring strain) is eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list Monday. UP NEXT Padres: RHP Odrisamer Despaigne (3-5) gets the ball in a matchup against Cy Young favourite Clayton Kershaw when San Diego opens a three-game series at Dodger Stadium. Kershaw has a 1.70 ERA. Rockies: RHP Jordan Lyles (6-2) hopes to duplicate his success against the Mets when Colorado opens a three-game series in New York. Lyles beat the Mets in his only start against them on Aug. 24, 2012, with Houston. Lyles had a double and an RBI in that game. Custom New York Islanders Jerseys . The former world No. 1 Djokovic, who is the top seed here despite being ranked No. 2, snuck past 35-year-old Czech showman Radek Stepanek in four high- quality sets, 6-4, 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 7-6 (7-5), on Centre Court. Djokovic appeared relieved when he converted on his first match point by swatting a cross-court forehand winner that just caught the line to end an affair that featured only two service breaks. Custom Baltimore Orioles Jerseys . The England international had both goals in TFCs season-opening 2-1 win over the Seattle Sounders on Saturday. https://www.cheapcustomjerseysonline.com...soccer-jerseys/. Lynchs attorney, Ivan Golde, told The Associated Press on Thursday of the plea deal that was reached with the Alameda County District Attorney Office. The plea will be formally entered in court in Oakland, Calif. Custom Chicago White Sox Jerseys . On Saturday night, Winnipegs strong offense was again accompanied by some fantastic pitching which gave the Fish a commanding victory. Custom Netherland Soccer Jerseys . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Keeping The Captain? Brian Giontas agent Steve Bartlett told La Presse on Tuesday that the Montreal Canadiens want to keep their captain - an unrestricted free agent on July 1 - in the fold, while sources tell the paper that the two sides will start talks this week.NEW YORK -- Following a long stretch of futility, Tampa Bays fortunes have turned. Logan Forsythe hit a tiebreaking single with two outs in the 12th inning and the Rays beat the New York Yankees 4-3 Monday night despite squandering a late lead. "This is my own personal theory, is that to win on the road in extra innings really is good for a teams morale," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. Kevin Kiermaier homered in his third straight game and Matt Joyce also went deep for the resurgent Rays, who have their first three-game winning streak since taking a season-best four in a row May 22-25. Theyve won five of six overall and no longer own the worst record in the majors, a distinction that had belonged to them since June 4. "Nobody quit," Maddon said. "To lose a game like this would have been really hard to walk in here. Its very difficult, and you dont know the negative complementary impacts its going to have." The only real bad news for the Rays was that shortstop Yunel Escobar is headed to the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 25, because of a sore right shoulder. "Pretty much on target for a minimal stay," Maddon said. Brian Roberts homered off Rays reliever Joel Peralta with one out in the ninth to tie it 3-all. As the ball cleared the right-field wall, Peralta crouched near the mound and pounded his fist into his glove. But the scuffling Yankees were unable to muster any more offence and lost for the seventh time in nine games. "They were able to get the big hits at the end and we werent," manager Joe Girardi said. "Weve had two extremely tough losses on this homestand." Chris Archer nearly became the first pitcher in more than a century to win his first five outings against the Yankees, and Tampa Bay hurlers finished June with 287 strikeouts -- breaking the major league record for one month set by the Chicago Cubs, who had 286 in August 2002. "It was so special," Archer said. "Were going to be etched in stone for a while." Brandon Guyer drew a two-out walk from Jose Ramirez (0-2) in the 12th and stole second. Forsythe lined the next pitch into centre field, scoring Guyer easily. "Big boost in confidence. Thats why we keep battling every game," said Forsythe, who also played excellent defence at second base. "We never think were out of it, and its great to be that guy tonight." Brad Boxberger (1-1) pitched two perfect innings for hiss first major league win in 72 appearances.dddddddddddd "Really dominant kind of stuff," Maddon said. "He was in total command of the moment." Archer went seven innings and was in line for the victory until Roberts homered. The last pitcher to start his career 5-0 in five games against New York was Washington Senators Hall of Famer Walter Johnson from 1907-08 -- back when the club was still called the Highlanders. The 25-year-old Archer has a 1.51 ERA in 35 2-3 innings against the Yankees. Ryan Hanigan gave the Rays a 3-2 lead in the eighth with an RBI single off closer David Robertson. Hanigans clutch hit came after Dellin Betances issued consecutive two-out walks. "I couldnt make pitches with two outs," Betances said. "Thats why I was so frustrated: I couldnt end the inning." New York pitchers have walked 16 in the last two games. Despite his teams record (36-49), Maddon is optimistic the Rays have turned things around in time to make a run. Tampa Bays bats busted loose for 12 runs Sunday in Baltimore, and Joyce picked up Monday right where he left off. Joyce, who tied team records with five hits and 12 total bases the day before, connected off David Phelps in the first inning for his third home run in two games. Going into Sunday, Joyce had three homers all season -- none since May 11. Kiermaier, who had three hits, made it 2-0 with a leadoff shot in the third, but the Yankees finally broke through against Archer in the bottom half. Brett Gardner grounded an RBI triple inside first base and scored on Derek Jeters groundout. NOTES: When LHP David Price starts Tuesday night, hell try to join Nolan Ryan, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez as the only pitchers to strike out at least 10 in six consecutive games. In 22 career starts against the Yankees, Price has never fanned 10. ... RHP Jeremy Hellickson (elbow surgery) threw 38 pitches in Florida and felt good, Maddon said. Now, the Rays will determine whether Hellicksons next rehab outing will be for Class-A Charlotte or Triple-A Durham. Hellickson ended his rehab start with Durham last Friday after three innings, complaining of discomfort. ... Rays CF Desmond Jennings was hit by pitches in the ninth and 11th. ... New York LHP CC Sabathia (right knee) threw a bullpen at Yankee Stadium and is scheduled to throw about 50 pitches in a rehab start Thursday for Double-A Trenton. "Hopefully, hes on the horizon," GM Brian Cashman said. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz