Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 150 mal aufgerufen
 Mystery Bereich
Cl11234566 Offline

09.11.2019 07:16
The Indians are in last place in the AL Central Antworten

AMES, Iowa -- With about 9 minutes left in Iowa States game with TCU, Georges Niang of the Cyclones caught teammate Melvin Ejim looking up at the giant scoreboard that hangs over the centre of the court. "Im like, whats he looking at?" Niang said. "I looked up and he had 35 (points) and I was like, holy smoke, this could be a crazy night." That it was. Ejim scored a Big 12-record 48 points, making 20 of 24 shots, and grabbed a career-high 18 rebounds to lead No. 16 Iowa State past TCU 84-69 on Saturday, keeping the Horned Frogs winless in the conference. Ejim had two 3-pointers and six dunks during his big game, one on a spectacular fast-break lob from DeAndre Kane that gave the Cyclones (18-4, 6-4 Big 12) a 67-52 lead and effectively put the game out of reach. "It was teamwork," Ejim said. "These guys just did a great job finding me in transition and getting me the ball in places where I could score. They made really selfless plays. We were just giving up the ball and luckily, I was on the receiving end." A 6-foot-6 senior, Ejim scored 20 straight Iowa State points during one stretch in the second half and easily notched his 30th career double-double. He padded his lead in the Big 12 scoring race with a performance that topped the previous conference record of 44 points by Kansas States Denis Clemente in 2009 and the Wildcats Michael Beasley in 2008. His previous high had been 23 points against Oklahoma last season. Iowa States school record is 54 by Lafester Rhodes in an overtime victory over Iowa in 1987. Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg, who once scored 41 in a game for the Cyclones, said Ejims record is all the more impressive considering it came in a league that has produced the likes of Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin. "All the great players that have gone through this league and Melvin Ejims name is at the top," he said. "Thats unbelievable for a guy that maybe doesnt get as much credit as he deserves. The Cyclones needed those points because TCU (9-13, 0-10) kept matching them basket for basket down the stretch. Ejim stayed in the game until 19.9 seconds were left, when he left to a lengthy standing ovation. "We were just playing," he said. "I wasnt really looking up to see how much I had. These guys just kept telling me to be aggressive, keep playing. I think I figured it out when they started chanting my name." Niang added 11 points and Kane finished with 10 assists for the Cyclones, who avoided a letdown after their thrilling three-overtime victory at Oklahoma State on Monday, their first win in Stillwater since 1988. Kyan Anderson led the Horned Frogs with 27 points and eight assists. Amric Fields scored 18 points and Karviar Shepherd had 11 for TCU, which was coming off single-digit losses to Texas Tech and No. 15 Texas, but could not keep up with the Cyclones and the high-flying Ejim. "I got back to Melvin back on (Big 12) media day," TCU coach Trent Johnson said. "He is one of my favourite college basketball players in the country this year. I think he is really underrated. He is a hell of a kid, at least from the interaction Ive had with him. He plays extremely hard and he is very efficient." The game was expected to offer a break for the Cyclones after they played four straight against Top 25 teams and eight in a row against teams that were ranked at one time or another. But the Horned Frogs proved to be a little more stubborn than anticipated despite a horrible start. TCU gave up the ball on a shot clock violation on the games first possession, Dustin Hogue followed with a 3-pointer and Iowa State led from then on as the Horned Frogs missed nine of their first 10 shots. Despite some sloppy play at times, the Cyclones built a 16-point lead late in the first half, then had the lead whittled to seven before Ejim went on his tear to wrap it up. TCU shot 29.6 per cent in the first half and did not have more baskets than turnovers until Anderson hit the second of two straight 3-pointers with 45 seconds left in the first half, cutting the lead to 32-22. "We battled," Johnson said. "For us to be within striking distance with about four minutes to go, I cant fault what our kids did." Wholesale Nike Shoes From China . Auld made 37 saves in a 5-3 loss to the Boston Bruins on Saturday. It was Ottawas first game without starter Anderson, who is out indefinitely after cutting his hand Wednesday night, and it was evident the team wasnt sure how to deal with the change in goal. Fake Nike Shoes . Nine-year veteran Danny Granger did not make his debut with the Clippers because of a technicality on the teams active list, which is signed by coach Doc Rivers before every game and relayed to the officials. Grangers name was printed by hand by a member of the public relations staff under the heading: "Updated Roster Additions," but the number on the sheet was not circled along with the other active players by the required deadline of 6:30 p. https://www.nikeshoeschina.us/.Y. - The Buffalo Sabres reassigned forward Sam Reinhart to the WHLs Kootenay Ice on Friday. Fake Nike Shoes From China .com) - No Sidney Crosby, no problem. Clearance Nike Shoes From China . Winners of two straight, the Flames will try to become the first team in 25 years to go three consecutive games without taking a penalty Saturday night in San Jose. CLEVELAND -- Josh Reddick knows how to break out of a slump. Mired in an 8-for-43 skid over his last 13 games going into Friday night, Reddick homered twice, including a grand slam, and drove in a career-high six runs in the Oakland Athletics 11-1 win over the Cleveland Indians. "I was getting some pitches to handle and not missing them," Reddick said. "Thats how you keep a hot streak going, you dont miss pitches." Oakland manager Bob Melvin sure was pleased to see Reddick pounding out hits. "Its nice to see him drive some balls," Melvin said. "The first one obviously puts four runs on the board and opens it up in a hurry. The second one was one of the more aggressive swings Ive seen him have in a while." Reddicks second career grand slam and Josh Donaldsons three-run homer sparked an eight-run second inning. Reddick added a two-run homer in the seventh. Sonny Gray (5-1) allowed one run and two hits with nine strikeouts in six innings for Oakland, which has won seven of eight. Both homers in Oaklands biggest inning of the season came off Zach McAllister (3-4), who struck out the side in the first, but retired only one batter in the second for the shortest outing of his career. The game-time temperature was announced at 49 degrees, a big difference for the Athletics, who had been playing in warm weather during a nine-game home stand. "Early on it felt like one of those cold nights that it was going to be tough to get some good swings," Melvin said. "Certainly in the second inning we got a lot of good swings." Nick Swishers solo homer in the first put Cleveland ahead, but Oakland sent 11 men to the plate in the second, with the first five reaching base. Brandon Moss doubled and took third on Yoenis Cespedes single. Lowries single got the Athletics even and Derek Norris walked. Reddick followed by hitting a 1-0 pitch into the seats in right. Coco Crisp and John Jaso drew one-out walks before Donaldson drove a 3-2 pitch into the home run porch in left field. The ball hit off a souvenir stand located in front of an entrance gate and travelled an estimated 410 feet. "Thats probably one of the best swings Ive had this year," Donalddson said.dddddddddddd Indians manager Terry Francona pulled McAllister for left-hander Kyle Crockett, making his major league debut. Gray played catch with Jaso in front of Oaklands dugout to keep loose during the pitching change. "You try to stay in the game," Gray said. "You do what you can to try to stay loose, especially when its a cold night." Grey was in control other than allowing Swishers homer. Michael Brantley singled with two outs in the third. The right-hander retired the final eight hitters, including five strikeouts. "I felt good, especially later in the game," Gray said. "I felt like I was getting better and better." Lowrie drove in two runs, including a leadoff homer in the third, while Donaldson has homered in three straight games. McAllister allowed eight runs in 1 1-3 innings and threw 38 pitches in the second, in which he gave up two homers, two singles, a double and three walks. The right-hander hasnt won since April 21, a stretch of five starts. "Everything went so well for me in the first," he said. "Then in the second, I fell behind in counts, and they were able to get some balls in play and hit them hard. I wasnt able to make any adjustments." Crisp was back in the lineup after missing seven games with a strained neck. Oaklands leadoff hitter was hitless with two walks in two at-bats. Brantley returned after sitting out Thursdays game with a sore back. He had one hit in four at-bats. The Indians are in last place in the AL Central, having lost four of six after winning a season-high four straight. NOTES: Reddicks grand slam was the first by the Athletics and the first allowed by the Indians this season. ... Francona said OF Nyjer Morgan has a sprained ligament in his right knee, but will not need surgery. Morgan was injured trying to catch a fly ball Wednesday in Toronto. ... Athletics 1B Kyle Blanks, acquired Thursday from the Padres, pinch hit in the ninth and singled. ... Francona said 2B Jason Kipnis (strained right oblique) could begin a minor league rehab assignment next week. ... Oakland LHP Scott Kazmir (5-1) faces RHP Josh Tomlin (2-0) on Saturday. Kazmir was 10-9 in 29 starts for the Indians last season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz