Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 87 mal aufgerufen
 Paranormales
carrie201918 Offline

31.05.2019 05:12
LOS ANGELES -- Michael Cuddyer is closing in on his first batting title. And he didnt even need to play on Saturday night to hel Antworten

LOS ANGELES -- Michael Cuddyer is closing in on his first batting title. And he didnt even need to play on Saturday night to help get there. Cuddyer spent the game on the bench with his .333 average and the Rockies beat Zack Greinke and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers 1-0. Atlantas Chris Johnson went 0 for 4 against Philadelphia and slipped to .321 -- effectively locking up Cuddyers first batting title in 13 big league seasons with one game remaining. "It means a lot," said Cuddyer, who was a teammate of two-time AL batting champion Joe Mauer in Minnesota. "It takes a lot of hard work, sticking to routines and things of that nature -- and a lot of luck along the way, too. Im not too proud to admit that to do something like that, youve got to get lucky. "I went into the season a career .271 hitter. So to be in a position like this, I never would have thunk it," Cuddyer added. "I never thought that when the season ends, Id be on top. Ive never been in that position before, so I was never assuming that I was going to be there. "Obviously when you get into September and youre in contention, you keep plugging away for it. And fortunately, Ive had a good September. But I never tried to get ahead of myself." The 34-year-old right fielder is the sixth player in Rockies history to win a batting crown, joining Andres Galarraga, Todd Helton, Matt Holliday, Carlos Gonzalez and three-time winner Larry Walker. Cuddyer is hitting .313 outside of Denver, so hes not just benefiting from playing half of his games at Coors Field. "To lead the league in hitting you have to hit well at home and on the road -- unless you hit like .400 at home," he said. "Ive been in this organization only two years, so Ive never really taken that home-road thing to heart, as far as Coors Field is concerned." Juan Nicasio outdueled Zack Greinke for his first victory in six starts and Nolan Arenado had an RBI double for the Rockies. Nicasio (9-9) allowed three hits over 5 1-3 innings and struck out seven while winning for the first time since Aug. 26 against San Francisco. The last time the 27-year-old right-hander faced the Dodgers on July 12 in Los Angeles, he outpitched Clayton Kershaw with seven scoreless innings for the victory. "Thats the thing about Juan. He can step up and have a performance like that," Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. "He was trying to find consistency after being out for much of the time over the last two years. Weve seen that from him earlier this year when he matched up with Kershaw and threw much like that." Adam Octavio followed Josh Outman out of the bullpen in the sixth, retiring Juan Uribe on a foul pop and Scott Van Slyke on a fly ball with the bases loaded. Rex Brothers, the sixth Rockies pitcher, got four outs for his 18th save in 20 chances. It was only the fifth shutout win for the Rockies. "Its just good to go out there and play a competitive game like that and end up winning a really tough game against a really good team," Weiss said. "Im proud of the way our guys have played down the stretch. We fight until the last out, and were going to fight until the last out of the season." Greinke (15-4) allowed a run and four hits through six innings. The right-hander struck out seven and did not allow a walk in his 300th major league game. Troy Tulowitzki doubled with one out in the fourth and scored on Arenados two-out double to left-centre. Greinke lost for the first time in eight decisions since July 25 and finished his first regular season as a Dodger with a 2.63 ERA in 28 starts. He is scheduled to start Game 2 of the Division Series. With Andre Ethiers status for the playoffs in doubt because of shin splints, three other high-profile Dodger outfielders also were missing from the lineup. Centre fielder Matt Kemp was a late scratch because of left ankle soreness, and Carl Crawford was rested by manager Don Mattingly. Rookie Yasiel Puig, who fouled a pitch hard off his left shin and left Fridays game after five innings, pinch-hit in the seventh and struck out. "He was begging to get out there tonight once Matt couldnt go," Mattingly said of Puig. "But I felt like there was no reason for it, being that last second. We didnt know about Matt till five minutes before the game." NOTES: Greinke is averaging 1.86 walks per nine innings in his past 16 starts, after tying a career worst with seven bases on balls at Colorado on July 3. He finished with 19 hits, the most by a Dodgers pitcher since 1993, when Orel Hershiser was 26 for 73. ... Kershaw was presented with the teams eighth annual Roy Campanella Award by former manager Tommy Lasorda before the game. Michael Jordan Jersey . The Blueshirts hope to stay alive once again when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins in Sundays Game 6 battle at Madison Square Garden. Denzel Valentine Jersey . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. http://www.officialbullsfanstore.com/kid...lls-jersey/.com) - The New York Rangers hope to punch their ticket to the second round when they visit the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday for a Game 6 battle at Wells Fargo Center. Dennis Rodman Jersey .com) - Hassan Whiteside scored 20 points with nine rebounds in the Miami Heats 83-75 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday. Chicago Bulls Jersey .com) - Eric Fehrs goal 42 seconds into overtime lifted the Washington Capitals to a 5-4 come-from-behind victory over Columbus, halting the Blue Jackets seven-game win streak. CHICAGO -- Bryan Holaday saw an opening and took advantage. Holaday drove in Austin Jackson with a two-out bunt single in the ninth, leading the Detroit Tigers to a 4-3 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night. Holaday said he focused on White Sox third baseman Marcus Semien before going for the bunt hit against Ronald Belisario. "I noticed he was staring in and then he backed up and I thought I had a good chance to lay it down," the catcher said. Jackson bolted for home while Holaday beat the throw to first. Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he was calling for the bunt, but he wasnt sure if the message ever got to Holaday. "I dont know if he heard us or saw it on his own and took advantage," Ausmus said. "(Holaday) is not a speed merchant but hes not slow. . Hes got the ability to beat it out." Jackson started the winning rally when he reached third on a one-out error by right fielder Dayan Viciedo. Belisario (1-3) pitched two innings, allowing one hit and striking out three. Holaday, a late lineup addition, went 2 for 4. White Sox starter Jose Quintana struck out a season-high 10 in six innings, but received a no-decision for the third time this season. The left-hander allowed three runs and eight hits. Justin Verlander allowed three runs and six hits in seven innings for Detroit. It was the right-handers 176th quality start since 2006. The White Sox jumped ahead with three runs in the third. Adam Eaton doubled home Semien and then scored on Gordon Beckhams base hit. Adam Dunn drove in Beckham with a two-out double to right. Detroit got one back on Victor Martinezs RBI single in the fourth, and then tied with two runs in Quintanas laast inning.dddddddddddd The Tigers collected four straight two-out hits. Torii Hunters RBI single scored Miguel Cabrera and Jacksons base hit drove in Martinez. "He was doing pretty good, but you run into that part of the lineup, if youre not perfect, that can happen," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said of Quintana. "With Cabrera, then you go to Victor, so unless youre on it and youre throwing it right where you want, that can happen, it can sneak up on you." Quintana struck out Nick Castellanos to close his final inning. Alejandro De Aza tripled with one out in the seventh but was stranded when Verlander struck out Semien and Eaton. Verlander walked three and struck out four. "I was a little out of rhythm after six days off," he said. "After the third inning I kind of established a rhythm and got back to the way I should and have some quick innings." Tigers catcher Nick Avila was a late scratch with lower back spasms. He was replaced about 2 1/2 hours prior to the game by Holaday. NOTES: Ausmus said RHP Anibal Sanchezs finger "looked good" and he is scheduled to do informal throwing Wednesday. Sanchez was placed on the disabled list April 27 with a laceration on his right middle finger, and that "rawness kind of seems to have gone away," Ausmus said. "Its just a matter now of building up the skin on the end of that finger where it can take the friction of a baseball coming off of it again." ... The Tigers entered Tuesday after two days off having played just 21 games - the fewest in baseball. ... White Sox left-hander Chris Sale, sidelined with a left flexor strain, remains unlikely to pitch into this weekend. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz