Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 106 mal aufgerufen
 Willkommen Vorstellungsforum
carrie201918 Offline

29.04.2019 03:28
Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your em Antworten

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hey Kerry, I dont think you will get many questions about this but I have a question about the Vancouver-Edmonton game from Friday I need some clarification on. In a corner battle, Dan Hamhuis got hit in his face by a stick of Mark Arcobello. My question is why there wasnt a penalty for this? Especially since it was a blatant stick to the face that caused blood! The commentators were saying something along the lines of a follow through on the stick which could change the call but there was no play on the puck! Is there a rule change that I didnt notice and I wanted to know what you would have done in this situation. While playing hockey one thing I learned is to ALWAYS know where your stick is. Great column, love your insight! Jeremy Mowat Penticton, BC Hi Kerry, In Fridays game against the Canucks, Edmontons Mark Arcobello looks like hes trying to play the puck along the boards when Jannik Hansen comes through with a solid bodycheck. As hes hit, the stick comes round and clips Dan Hamhuis right across the nose causing it to bleed severely. For me, this is where I think the referees made the wrong call. The announcers seemed to think that there was no penalty because it was a follow-through when he was trying to play the puck. Personally, I thought it was due to Hansens bodycheck that caused Arcobellos stick to swing round. Now, Ive seen on multiple occasions when a penalty has been assessed to someone high-sticking an opponent as a result of a hit under the reasoning that you must keep in full control of your stick. Arcobellos wild swing doesnt seem to reflect that he had full control of his stick when he clipped Hamhuis and therefore should have been a penalty. Do you believe that the referees made the correct decision, or should Arcobello have be assessed a double-minor for high-sticking? Gareth Richmond, BC --- Jeremy and Gareth: Even though your question opens me up for ongoing persistent abuse from some quarters, albeit admittedly warranted, I welcome your question and agree with your assessment. A double minor penalty to Mark Arcobello of the Edmonton Oilers was warranted when his accidental high-stick caused an injury to Dan Hamhuis. Rule 60.1 states that players must be in control and responsible for their stick. This includes a wild swing at a bouncing puck or when a player is body-checked and as a result of the contact and/or fall any contact to an opponent above the height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordingly. The player guilty of high-sticking is to be assessed a minor penalty; or in the event of injury, a double-minor whether deemed to be accidental or careless. The only exceptions to this rule allows for accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion, or accidental contact on the opposing center who is bent over during the course of a face-off. None of these exceptions applied when Mark Arcobello got to a loose puck below the Vancouver goal line and as the Oiler forward attempted to reverse direction to avoid an impending check by Jannik Hansen. The initial, left side body contact delivered by Hansen separated Arcobello from the puck. Hansen’s back leg and skate then contacted the left leg of Arcobello that took the Oiler off his skates with a twisting body rotation. The airborne flight resulted in a raised stick which cut Hamhuis as he entered the space to provide back door puck support. Even though Arcobello’s high-stick was purely accidental as a result of the check delivered by Hansen, the rule places the onus on the Oiler player to be in control and responsible for his stick. While this might appear to be an unfair application to some, it is as the rule is written and to be applied by the referees. In real time, once the officials conferred, they deemed that the spin action of Mark Arcobello’s body and stick was in a normal follow through attempt to backhand the puck that had been on his stick prior to the check delivered by Jannik Hansen. It can happen in the blink of an eye. Tavon Austin Jersey . -- Detroit shortstop Jose Iglesias says he has stress fractures in both legs and isnt sure when hell be able to play again, leaving the Tigers two weeks to fill his spot for opening day and perhaps a lot longer. Chidobe Awuzie Cowboys Jersey . Jones, from Winnipeg, built a 3-0 advantage after three ends by scoring two in the second and one in the third. Chinas skip Bingyu Wang cut that lead to 3-1 in the fourth before Canada added another three in the fifth for a 6-1 lead. http://www.thecowboysfansmall.com/c-96-c...lup-jersey.aspx. Osmond, of Marystown, N.L., fell in the middle of her routine and placed fifth in the ladies free skate at Iceberg Skating Palace (110.73 points), but that was all the Canadians needed after a strong performance by Kevin Reynolds in the mens free earlier Sunday. Leighton Vander Esch Cowboys Jersey . With newly minted president of hockey operations Trevor Linden looking on from above one day after being handed the keys to the franchise, it was more of the same on Thursday night. Connor Williams Cowboys Jersey . -- The Atlanta Braves added to their extensive wave of long-term deals with their young stars on Sunday by agreeing to a $42 million, four-year contract with All-Star closer Craig Kimbrel. BOSTON -- Things were bouncing right for Milan Lucic and the Boston Bruins. Lucic scored a pair of goals and Patrice Bergeron added another, lifting the surging Bruins to a 3-1 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday. "Its nice to have some puck luck," said Lucic, who said both goals hit a Blue Jackets player and changed direction en route to the net. The rugged Boston winger, who also had a fight in the second period, even thought linemate Jarome Iginla may have scored the second one. "I thought Iggie may have gotten it," he said. "But its nice to get two goals and my first power-play goal of the season." Lucic hadnt scored a goal in his past six games after getting off to a fast start with nine. Boston coach Claude Julien felt the winger just needed to relax and things would start to turn his way. "I thought maybe he was gripping the stick a little tight in certain areas," Julien said. "I just told him to go out and play. I liked his game a lot tonight." David Krejci added two assists for Eastern Conference-leading Boston, which is 10-2-2 in its past 14 games. Bostons Chad Johnson needed only 13 saves for the win in just his fifth start. No. 1 goalie Tuukka Rask was given the night off. Johnson knew it was an easy night. "The first period I didnt face many shots and in the second not many high-quality chances," he said. "Its tough to get into it, but Ive had some good practices lately." The Bruins havent lost at home in regulation in 11 games (9-0-2). Boston has won all three meetings between the teams this season. Ryan Johansen scored a power-play goal for the Blue Jackets, who were outshot 36-14. Backup goaltender Curtis McElhinney stopped 33 shots for Columbus, which lost for the 12th time in 17 games. The Blue Jackets havent won consecutive games since late October. "Its definitely frustrating. I think some night that we have lost the effort wasnt there," winger Matt Calvert said. "But I thought tonight we worked hard, we did a lot of good things. "But, once again, against a good team like this, youve got to find a way to win. Its always a tough building to come into, but we didnt find a way tonight and were going to keep on searching for it." Boston jumped ahead 1-0 when Bergeron scored on a tough-angle shot at 9:02 of the first. He fired onne from near the right boards and the puck slipped behind McElhinney as Boston winger Loui Eriksson was cutting in front.dddddddddddd The Bruins made it 2-0 on Lucics power-play goal with just over 5 minutes left in the first. Torey Krug fired a shot from the left point and Lucic, positioned in front, tipped it by McElhinney. Lucics second goal of the game made it 3-0 just over 2 minutes into the third. He fired a shot from the high slot and the puck popped into the air after McElhinneys stop and bounced into the net behind him just as Iginla was ready to bat it in. Johansens team-leading 10th goal came on a wrister from the top of right circle with just under 14 minutes left. Coming off a 4-2 win over Edmonton at home on Friday night, the Blue Jackets had trouble generating much offence. The Blue Jackets were outshot 9-2 in the first and it didnt get much better for them in the second. They were held to three shots on goal for nearly half of the period until a power play gave them a brief spark. "Not enough (shots) and not enough quality ones either," forward RJ Umberger said. "Weve got to find a way to generate more." Possibly looking to give his team a lift, Columbus defenceman Dalton Prout took on Boston heavyweight Lucic for a fight midway into the second. Things were chippy, at times, for stretches in the second -- with a couple of scrums after whistles. Columbus went nearly 18 minutes without a shot on goal from the first into the second -- and that was a clear from their own zone on one of Bostons power plays. The Bruins posted a 3-2 victory over the New York Rangers on Friday. NOTES: The Bruins improved to 14-2-1 when scoring the games first goal. ... Columbus LW Nick Foligno was given an unsportsmanlike conduct minor and 10-minute misconduct late in the second after he grabbed Boston D Dennis Seidenberg by the jersey from behind and spun him around during a scrum at centre ice. ... The Bruins are off until Thursday when they play rival Montreal. Columbus hosts Tampa Bay on Tuesday, the first of two straight at home. They also play Minnesota. ... The Blue Jackets fell to 1-11-0 when they trail after two periods. ... Former Bruin Johnny "The Chief" Bucyk watched the game from a luxury box. His No. 9 is retired and hanging in the rafters. ... A big melee broke out in the high-priced seats late in the game. Cheap Twins Jerseys Wholesale Royals Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Authentic Indians Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Discount Blue Jays Jerseys Wholesale Rays Jerseys Cheap Yankees Jerseys Discount Red Sox Jerseys Discount Orioles Jerseys Discount Astros Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Athletics Jerseys Cheap Mariners Jerseys Rangers Jerseys From China Braves Jerseys Outlet Cheap Marlins Jerseys Wholesale Mets Jerseys Wholesale Phillies Jerseys Cheap Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Reds Jerseys From China Cheap Brewers Jerseys Wholesale Pirates Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Authentic Rockies Jerseys Dodgers Jerseys From China Wholesale Padres Jerseys Giants Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz